Thursday, October 30, 2014

Derek Young's visit to T INST 207


As Derek Young visited class T INST 207 on Wednesday, I found his perspective and internet use intriguing. For once it was not frightening at all. As it turns out, Derek uses the internet for exactly what I thought it should be used for. Networking, business, independent contracting. In many instances an individual might work at one career, on many different jobs doing what they love for many different people. An individual might choose to work from home, or if they like, choose to travel the world.
Derek opened my eyes at the tremendous opportunities out there for someone talented enough to be in the field of technology.
My previous posts expressed my increasing fear, the lack of anonymity, and the continuous exposure as technology progresses. However, Derek's lecture was very matter of fact and provoked no fear in me at all, but intrigue, the positive side of the internet I suppose.
Perhaps there is hope for me after all in this world of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment