Monday, October 20, 2014

Epic






Customer Service, or Controlling?


After viewing the film EPIC, I was further scared out of my wits. The time where companies such as Amazon, become so knowledgeable about my life that they can suggest items for me that I might purchase based on past purchases has come. If a company such as Amazon were to merge with another giant, for instance Google, whom I utilize on a daily basis, imagine the customer service I would see then. Products coming at me based on what I Google, which at first glance seems convenient.
However, if these companies were to merged and use this to my disadvantage, well that would be frightening in my opinion.
To gain knowledge about me based on my every keystroke, sites that I visit, things that I inquire about.
And what about providing me with a "customer service" card number? Would that customer service card number be necessary for each and every purchase? Would I be able to purchase without the number? What other stores are linked in to this for my furthered "convenience" ? Grocery? Gas?  And would I not be allowed food or gas if I did not have my number? Who holds these numbers with my personal information? Where is it?
I find this all very frightening, and controlling. To me it almost sounds like cyber stalking under the guise of "customer service". Call me paranoid, but where does the intrusion end? It's all very fun and exciting, flattering even. Until someone gets hurt. Watch the film and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment